With an uptick in the use of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) as a humanitarian protection, higher education institutions had been inquiring how to help students navigate this status and Special Student Relief (SSR). This webinar provided an overview of TPS and SSR as they impact students and higher education institutions. A panel of experts shared:
- The benefits of TPS and SSR that are available to F-1 students from countries which have been designated for TPS and for which SSR is announced.
- If and how higher education staff could and should advise students on TPS.
- Where to find resources and information about TPS & SSR.
- Opportunities to advocate for TPS & SSR for students.
You can watch a recording of the webinar below:
- Dan Berger, Partner, Curran, Berger and Kludt, LLP
- Jie Fan, Assistant Director, Texas A&M University
- Dahlia French, Managing Attorney, French Legal, PLLC
- Ramya Reddy, Managing Policy Counsel, Masa Group (TPS Campaign)
- Moderator: Jill Welch, Senior Policy Advisor, Presidents’ Alliance
The resource folder can be found here.
*Note: The information provided in this webinar does not and is not intended to constitute legal advice. All information, content, and materials made available are for general informational purposes only and shall not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.