Opportunities to Connect to Refugee Students Overseas is a webinar that provided an overview of opportunities and effective practices for campuses to enroll and support refugee students from overseas. The webinar highlighted the work of three college access programs, KenSAP, Syrian Youth Empowerment Initiative, and DuoLingo/UNHCR Advising, that support refugee students’ access to higher education. It also highlighted the opportunities for collaboration to enroll refugee students and campuses shared effective practices from their experiences working with partners to recruit and admit refugee students.
You can watch the webinar recording below:
The resource folder can be found here.
- Ahmed Haj Ahmed, SYE Student Mentor, Haverford College
- Elysa Bryen, Operations Manager, Syrian Youth Empowerment Initiative
- Alan Davidson, Executive Director, KenSAP
- Laura Kaub, University Access Advisor, DuoLingo/UNHCR
- Olufemi Ogundele, Associate Vice Chancellor of Admissions & Enrollment, UC Berkeley
- Elyan Paz, Assistant Vice President and Dean of Admissions, Macalester College
- Laura Wagner, Presidents’ Alliance (moderator)