The Undocumented Graduate and Professional Students Handbook, created by the Advisory Council on Immigration Policy at the University of California Los Angeles, provides a general overview for undocumented students who wish to pursue graduate and/or professional studies. The handbook walks through a brief history of the Advisory Council on Immigration Policy, University of California diversity and nondiscrimination statements, frequently asked questions, and eight steps to success as an undocumented graduate or professional student.
The eight steps are the following:
- Step 1: Know your immigration status, rights, and laws that protect you.
- Step 2: Connect with UCLA graduate education.
- Step 3: Work with legal services.
- Step 4: Finance your graduate education.
- Step 5: Achieve academic success.
- Step 6: Engage with UCLA campus resources.
- Step 7: Develop networking and professional opportunities.
- Step 8: Balance life outside of school.
Last updated: July 2019