Logo for: President's Alliance Higher Education & Immigration

Statuses & Eligibility for Financial Aid and In-State Tuition

HEI Resource on Documents & Eligibility for Displaced Students

With the expanding use of a greater variety of immigration protections for displaced persons in the U.S. and emerging state legislation expanding access to in-state tuition for forcibly displaced students, it can be challenging for students and staff to understand what they are eligible for. This resource offers:

  • A breakdown of statuses displaced students may present when enrolling at a higher education institution
  • A round-up of resources that can help refugee and other displaced students, college and university staff, and refugee-serving organizations understand refugee eligibility for higher education admissions, financial aid, and in-state tuition, and finally,
  • Examples of types of documentation students may use to demonstrate their status when seeking financial aid or in-state tuition.

Have Additional Questions?

Want to know more? Please use our expert assistance form to get in touch with the Higher Ed Immigration Portal.

Contact Us