This resource provides guidelines and suggestions for higher education institutions who wish to establish and implement funding and experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate undocumented students. The guide compares admissions and funding opportunities for undocumented students, including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients, provides an overview of funding and financial aid options, and describes non-employee-based student funding opportunities.
Specifically, this resource includes information regarding the following:
- Background on DACA;
- A comparison of admissions and funding opportunities based on DACA receipt;
- A comparison of funding/financial aid/payment options based on immigration status;
- General guidelines regarding funding;
- Non-employee based student funding opportunities from privately sourced funds;
- A glossary of useful immigration terms;
- Helpful resources for employment and financial aid for undocumented students;
Last Updated: May 2020.